- Choose a resolution that inspires you
- Ensure you will have success by breaking down your resolution into smaller, attainable goals
- If a smaller goal is still unmanageable, break it down even further, keep going until you feel you can find success–this process will enhance your commitment
- Build in accountability—work on the resolution with a buddy or health professional, create a situation where you have to let someone know your progress
- Know the difference between self-compassion and letting yourself off the hook too easily
Please add your own tips, especially if they are tried and true.