Did you know that heart disease is the No.1 killer of women in America? Show your support for this worthy cause, and wear red on Friday! Making small lifestyle changes will help women (and men) live longer and healthier. Make a commitment right now and try one of these simple small steps for better heart health:
- Take a walk, if you do it for 10 minutes, three times a day, most days of the week, you’re on your way to good health.
- Try a new fruit or vegetable – the more colorful–the better for your health in terms of adding fiber, nutrients and vitamins to your diet.
- Trade your sweetened drink in for water, you’ll save so many wasted calories.
- Take time to breathe fully. Take it even further by practicing meditation every day. This will calm the mind and provide inner peace, which will then lower your blood pressure– a known risk factor for heart disease.
- Every night, get a good night sleep. Insomnia also puts you at a higher risk for high blood pressure.